The Purchase Order (PO) and Importing module tracks finished goods from PO to warehouse delivery. Every step of the purchase cycle is supported including Letter of Credit management, shipment in transit, and calculations of duty, quota, and freight. When linked with the Materials module, it also provides off-shore manufacturing and importing management capabilities. When linked with Accounts Payable, it offers the benefit of a fully integrated job cost accounting system and delivers critical estimated, landed, and actual cost analysis.
- Support for purchase order bids, contracts and return purchase orders.
- Automatic verification of contract prices.
- Ability to receive one purchase order in multiple warehouses.
- Ability to generate purchase orders automatically from sales orders with user control over a percentage over-buy.
- Ability to allocate one sales order against multiple purchase orders.
- System tracks estimated, landed and actual costs for every cost category.
- Full tracking of shipments in transit.
- Ability to adjust estimated costs prior to every receiving.
- Ability to receive goods by purchase order or by shipment.
- Full integration with the “Sales Order Allocation” module to generate picking tickets upon receipt of the goods based on previously allocated orders.
- Full integration with the job cost accounting system.
- Full integration with the “Accounts Payable” module for vendor invoice verification against receipts.
- Support for summary or detailed style costing.
- Full support for off-shore manufacturing including 806/807 when integrated with the “Raw Materials Management” module.
- Full multiple currency support.
- Full support for Letters of Credit including amendments and payments with complete LC balance tracking and transaction log.
- Ability to view key LC information on the screen including the total amount of purchase orders assigned but to be added later and total merchandise in transit about to be received.
- System prints bank approved LC request form